Start-up or Business without a website or mobile app cannot be imagined in this digital world. To develop a website or mobile application, you need backend developers. This is the reasons that these backend developers are high in demand and companies are paying a huge sum of money to them.
What do you think, which one is better?
To answer this question a deeper analysis is required after comparing two on the basis of its distinctive features, performance, advantages and disadvantage
Comparison between PHP and Python
Let’s compare these two by using various factors and come to the conclusion and declare the winner.
- Learning Ease : In a comparison of two, Python is easier to learn. Python is preferable by all the beginners to learn the programming fundamentals. Programs in Python language are comparatively shorter and easy to understand. Therefore most of the programmer is preferring Python in comparison with other programming languages. On the other hand, if we talk about the PHP is a general purpose and more sophisticated therefore it takes more time to learn the fundamentals of PHP language.
- Long-term Use : Obviously, everybody wants to go with the one who will provide maximum value for the long-term. At the initial phase of programming, PHP seems interesting, productive and easy. But in later on stages, you find this relationship is not long lasting. In this case, Python’s is the winner. Python language is deep, rich and makes the long-lasting relationship.
- Enriched Library : Python is comprised of the enriched library that supports in all types of application. Python provides the library support to various machine learning techniques. This feature is not present in PHP programming language. This library support is easy to implement and integrate efficiently with Web Framework. This is the point where Python definitely beats PHP.
- Web Framework : If we talk about the framework, then I must say that the competition is quite close. Both are knocking out each other in case of web framework choice. In the case of Python, the choices of web frameworks available are Django, Flask, Pylons, Pyramid, etc. And if we talk about PHP then mostly used web frameworks are Codeigniter, Zend, Laravel, Symfony, etc. All these frameworks are probably great. In Python- Django framework is mostly used because it is speedy and easy to use. In the case of PHP- Codeigniter and Laravel framework are widely popular. At present, new developers prefer Django as it is easy to use.
- Debugging tools: it is really easy to find out debugging tools for Python. There is one powerful tool available for Python programmers known as Python Debugger. Not just this, but there is a long list of debugging tools are easily available for Python programmers. On the other hand, if we consider the case of PHP then XDebug package is available for debugging.
All in all, PHP appears to be proficient and Python generates robust code. Python lets you do the programming in the online as well as offline mode. But overall Python is the winner.
Want to carry on this debate between Python and PHP. Contact us now and book a free session with a programming expert at Binary Data.